Crazy 4 Poker
This poker game is quite similar to three- card poker, only it is based on four cards.
The rules of crazy 4 poker
- This game has three initial bets that are referred to as the Ante, the Super Bonus and the Queens up. When placing bets, a player is allowed to place equal bets on the Super Bonus and the Ante while bets places on the Queens Up can be any amount.
- All the players and the dealer are given five cards each.
- When a player folds he/she forfeits all bets and players making the Super Bonus and Ante bets must decide to fold or raise.
- If a player decides to raise, he/she has to raise by the amount set in the Ante bet. If they have a pair of aces or a better combination than that, they are allowed to raise up to three times the amount set in the Ante bet. If they have anything less than a pair of aces, the player is expected to raise an amount corresponding to the Ante bet.
- Once the bets are set the players are allowed to keep the four best cards in their set of five and discard the remaining card.
- Once this is done, it’s time for the dealer to do the same. He/she will turn the cards and select the four best cards.
- The players and the dealer then compare the cards they have. The highest hand among all the players at the table wins the game.
Ranking of cards in crazy 4 poker
The ranking of cards in crazy 4 poker from the highest to lowest is as follows:
- Four of a kind – This is a hand made up of four cards in the same rank. The highest ranking four of a kind hand is four aces, and four 2s are the lowest ranking four of a kind hand.
- Straight flush – This is poker hand consisting of four cards from the same card suit in the consecutive row. The ace, king, queen and jack, are the highest cards in a straight flush. The lowest possible straight flush combination is made up of an ace, 2, 3, 4.
- Three of a kind – this consists of three cards of one rank. Three aces are the top ranking three-of-a kind set and three 2s are the lowest three-of-a-kind set.
- Flush- This is a hand made up of four cards of the same suit, with no focus on the rank.
- Straight - This is a hand consisting of four cards of more than one suit and from a consecutive rank. An ace, king, queen and jack, are the highest straight ever. An ace, 2, 3, 4 are the smallest ever ranking straight hand.
- Two pair – This hand consists of 2 cards of identical rank. Two aces are the highest ranking pair, and two 2s are the lowest ranking pair.
- Pair – This consists of 2 cards of one rank while two aces are the highest ranking pair and two 2s are the lowest ranking pair.
These are the rules and card rankings used in crazy 4 poker.